Friday, January 20, 2012

Thriftin'....

Lately I've been in a decorating rut. When we moved to Colorado, close to 2 years ago, I was determined that there would be nothing on the walls, no decorating for holidays[which I've stuck to], nothing would cordinate...things would just stay simple so that when we moved back to Boise it would be a zillion times easier to pack things up. If we are being honest...I still have the plastic on our TV.
I was a little [okay, alot] hesitate to even be packing up a house in Boise, and putting it into an apartment in Colorado [huge adjustment]. I was a little hesitate to be moving. period. Boise is where my family is, where I grew up, where my job was, where I wanted to raise a family, where Kalob and I met. In my head it just wasn't fair.
I will admit that through the few years that we have been here, i've grown to fall in love with it...with a little push from friends and family. I'm learning to be SO happy in the present! There are even some pictures on the wall, curtains and a mirror in the living room, and our guest bathroom is pretty darn cute, but I've come to realize that I can't be living like this. Bare walls are just not working for me anymore! So last Friday, I went "a thriftin". I've always been a very frugal person, and KNOW that you don't have to spend thousands on decorating your home, to make it a home. So thanks to Pinterest, [we all know that site was truely inspired!] and the many ideas, pins, boards and hours spent there, I'm on a mission. For anything. I'm ready to start making this Colorado condo feel a little more like home, until we actually get to go "home"!
So this is a little segement I would like to call Thriftin'.
I will be "thrift hopping" maybe even "craigslist thriftin'" for amazing deals! Anything that fits my non-existant home decor budget.
 [that will soon be created! My husband doesn't know it yet, but he will soon find out!]

Here is what I came home with...
 This little beauty caught my eye on our way out of Goodwill and I couldn't resist.
It's a little beat up, but i think with some Windex and some paint it's going to be quite a nice addition....I'm thinking in the bathroom. There is a space above the toilet [hate that word btw!] that I've been trying to occupy with something. I'm pretty sure I just found that for $2!
I have a thing with leaving food on the counter. I feel that it needs a place! So when we bought bananas last night at the store, and they don't have a place yet, I had to do something. I went to Marshalls first, to find a banana holder...for $11. NO THANK YOU! I know that doesn't seem like much, and it isn't...but for something so simple I just couldn't do it. So a thriftin' we went [continued] and found this...
With a little black paint [or maybe a crazy color]- I think it's going to fit right in! Thank you "yellow sticker" day. Instead of a whopping ONE dollar...I spent .30 cents!
That's it for today. I would suggest checking back in next week for the finished products!!

1 comment:

  1. ohmygosh elise- you are so good at shopping! seriously, i still hate going into ross or tjmaxx without you- you have a way of looking through the crap and finding gold. good work!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single one of your comments!