Monday, August 27, 2012

schedule.

After reading a fellow blogger post [5ohwifey -check out her blog, it's amazing!] about the schedule she has for her toddler, speaking with her on twitter and finally realizing after she asked me what our schedule was like, that I have never once written about our life here in the condo with a toddler! Well, that is going to change today!
 
After having H, Kalob and I knew we wanted to stick to a schedule. Although I would be the one sticking to the schedule because I am home with him all day, I still wanted Kalob to be involved and I wanted him to know what the schedule was so in the event that he was home by himself with H, he would be able to keep the structure while I was gone without questions, and let me tell you- it has worked wonders!
 
Now, before I show you this schedule that I've set up, please remember that this is what works for my
family...It may not work for yours, and you may do things completely different- and that's okay!
We all parent differently, every child is different, so I can just imagine that your schedule is different as well!

 
[Independent Play] This is the time that I use to get dressed and get ready for the day. Hudson can come in and out of the bathroom as he pleases, but usually just plays in the living room with his toys , pots and pans, or climbs up on the toilet and watches.
 [Interactive Play] Because we live in a condo, that doesn't allow for a lot of space for running, I usually have something planned for this time, whether it be a play date, story-time at the library, art [coloring, painting] music, or books. There is sometimes when Hudson is not interested in any of it, and he will play with his toys, by himself. I always have music on in the background, no TV.
[Nap time = mommy time] This is when I'm able to get my blogging done, eat, schedule...etc.
[snack time - Hudson's choice] when Hudson wakes up from his afternoon nap, it's snack time. He has a drawer in the fridge of snacks [applesauce, jello, carrots, yogurt, apples, string cheese...etc] that he chooses from, and that's what he eats for snack. He gets so excited to choose his own thing!
[Family Time] We are lucky right now and Kalob is usually home by 4 or 4:30. This gives us plenty of family time before it's bedtime for little man. This is usually when we go to the grocery store, take a walk, go to the park, pool, and sometimes we just hang out at the house or go for a drive. We still try to not watch tv, but sometimes there will be a time where we will but in a children's show for Hudson to calm down a bit and just relax with Daddy.
[Bed time routine] It has continued to be the same since we have brought him home from the hospital. It works best for all of us to bathe H at night, get in pjs, read stories, and say goodnight.
[Husband & Wife time] This is our time to catch up on our days, emails, hang out, talk, watch tv, and go to bed!
 
This schedule certainly allows for some flexibility...especially the mornings when Hudson sleeps until 9:30am or the nights when we keep him up because we know we will miss him when he goes to sleep!
I honestly don't know what we would do without a schedule. It has made such a difference, and I can only hope that when we bring another little one into our family, that it will be that just easier to adjust!
 
Do you have set schedules or fun things you do to
keep your children entertained throughout the day?!
Hope you all had amazing weekends!
 
 

7 comments:

  1. I love love love this schedule! I think I may have to borrow this from you and try it out with my son! Would you mind?

    I am so horrible with having a routine at times and really need to set aside time to actually play and interact as a family. So thank you!

    Katlyn
    www.thedreamymeadow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so important for kids to have structure and consistency. We have a "loose" schedule that has varied to fit their needs but it's pretty similar to yours. Now that Jax will be starting preschool two days a week, it is going to be an adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this schedule!! what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a schedule!!!! Sounds pretty similar to ours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just found your blog.. and knew I had to keep reading back! your little boy is absolutely precious.. and you are onnneee gorgeous lady! I look forward to getting to know you here on your little space of the web :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly love this post! i was super fun to read! Could you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com Twitter: @shineonbyandrea Youtube.com/user/shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. When do you eat dinner? When does Hudson?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single one of your comments!